Skip to main content

Creative Critical Reflection

 I have finally finished my critical reflection. This will be my last blog. This has been a long but enjoyable process. I learned a lot during this process that I could use in the real world. This was a great learning experience, and I am glad I got to collaborate with an amazing teammate. I hope you enjoy my creative critical Reflection. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preliminary Exercise: Introduction to Storyboarding: Camera Angles

 Hello everyone,    During media studies class we have been focusing on the importance of camera angles. Camera angles marks the specific location at which the camera is placed to take a shot. This evokes a different experience and sometimes emotion. Camera angles includes low angle, high angle, overhead level, Dutch angle, eye level, hip level, knee level, and ground level. A high angle shot is where the camera looks down on the subject from a high angle. This shot emphasizes the subject vulnerability, or their lower status compared to another subject. This can be used to imply danger or tension. A low angle shot would be the opposite of this but can be used to evoke the same feelings. This camera technique is when the camera angle is positioned below the eye line of the subject, pointing upwards. This can convey vulnerability or power or a mixture between these two.     For this assignment I had to draw an example of each camera angle and include some det...

Preliminary Exercise: Introduction to Storyboarding: Shot Sizes

 Welcome everyone,    During media studies we have been focusing on the importance of shot sizes. A shot size is how much of the setting or subject is displayed within a frame of the shot. This helps to emphasize specific emotions, ideas, and movements for each scene. For example, the establishing shot is usually the first scene of a movie. It’s used to establish the location and environment of a place. This can be used to establish mood and give the audience visual clues regarding the time period and general situation.    For this assignment we had to create a storyboard about the different types of shot sizes. We had to draw an example of the shot and include some details about the shot to help us memorize it. There were ten shot sizes I had to learn: establishing shot, master shot, wide shot, full shot, medium full shot, medium shot, medium close up, close up, and extreme close-up. These were fairly easy to learn. I worked on this assignment alone, since this...

Preliminary Exercise 2: Barthes’ Theory Semiotic Analysis of the Hunger Games Catching Fire Table 2

 After I was done with the first part of Preliminary Exercise 2, I started to work on the second part. This part required us to watch a media text and look for signs that supports the clip's genre and narrative. I had to document prominent signs in the clip and their denotative and connotative meanings. The media text was a clip from the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a movie that takes place in an era that the world is overpopulated. This required them to select one person from each district to take place in a survival game, only leaving one person alive. This clip from the Hunger Games took place after there were two survivors for the first time. They were being interviewed with other contestants to take place in the Hunger Games again. While watching this clip I took notes of both audio and visual signs. To do this I had to examine the characters, costumes, acting, setting, color, lighting, sound, etc.    Me and my partner picked three different signs to analyze. Th...